About the course
Many osteopaths and other manual therapists like the idea of using social media to promote their clinic but fall at the first hurdle. They just do not know where and more to the point how to start! This practical one-day course in social media marketing and blog writing will give you all the tools you need to get started on your social media journey and feel confident in promoting your clinic and services in the digital world. The course takes place in the computer suite where you will be guided step by step in the use of various social media platforms and blog writing to create attention grabbing content and learn how to schedule it for publication. You will also learn how to connect with potential patients and deliver strong messages.
Summary of Osteopathic Practice Standards (updated) covered in this course
D Professionalism D1
- Understand how to effectively communicate online.
- Optimise your Facebook page to connect with potential patients
- Know which language works best and why.
- Understand the value of hashtags.
- Identify which social media platforms are best for you.
- Understand key strategies to ensure Facebook works for you.
- Learn about curating an engaging Facebook page.
- Understand the value of evergreen content.
- Identify platforms for blogging
- How to easily improve your search engine optimization for your blog article.
- Understand how to share your blog and schedule content
- Create your own unique content for social media.
The course is suitable for osteopaths or other manual therapists who lack confidence in social media marketing and blog writing or have difficulty deciding what to post in order to attract new patients.
09:30-10:30 Perfect Patient - who are we marketing to?
10:30-11:00 Optimising your Facebook page
11:15-11:45 Using appropriate language and hashtags
11:45-12:00 Social media platforms
12:00-12:30 Facebook marketing strategies
13:30-14:00 Curating an engaging Facebook page
14:00-14:30 Evergreen content
14:30-14:45 Platforms for Blogging
14:45-15:15 Key words and easy search engine optimisation
15:15-15:30 Sharing your Blog and scheduling content
15:45-17:00 Creating unique memes
17:00-17:30 Question and answer and reflection
Prior to attending the course delegates should have done the following:
1. Have created a Facebook profile page
2. Created a Facebook business page from the back of your profile page
3. Opened an account on Canva.com
4. Bring along relevant log-in details for the above
Instructions will provided to delegates prior to the course on how to create a Facebook business page.
About the course leader
For over five years Gilly Woodhouse has specifically been teaching social media marketing to osteopaths to help them increase their patient numbers. She has successfully trained osteopaths around the world to create valuable content to share with their communities. Her business development strategies have helped many hundreds of practitioners to grow and develop thriving and successful clinics and better serve their communities.
Gilly launched ‘Osteobiz’ (www.osteobiz.com) having witnessed the amazing benefits to her son’s health that regular osteopathy treatment brought.